Initially we need to know about sabudana before we enter into recipe of sabudana vada.
Sabudana has several health benefits, hence it is used during fasting. Basically Sabudana is rich in starch and carbohydrate. It give all nutrition which will fill your stomach instantly. It also high in vitamin c and minerals which are essential and vital for human body.
• ¾ cup sabudana / sago / javvarisi / sabbakki
• 3 – potatoes
• ¼ cup peanuts
• 1 inch ginger
• 2 green chilli
• coriander leaves
• salt to taste
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• oil for deep frying
1. Take a large bowl with ¾ cup sabudana.
2. Soak the sabudana with enough water for 8 hours(whole night).
3. Check the sabudana between the fingers ,if they are soaked well.
4. Drain off the water completely and rinse with fresh water till water runs clean.
5. Take soaked and drained sabudana in a large mixing bowl,.
6. Mash the boiled potatoes. Add 3 – 4 potatoes to make perfect vada.
7. Roast the peanuts, deskinned and coarsely crushed.
8. Add finely chopped ginger, chilli and coriander leaves.
9. Add some salt to taste.
10. Squeeze around 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
11. Mash well with your hand. Make a dough and prepare small patties.
12. Deep fry the patties in hot oil.Fry on high to medium flame till they turn golden brown flipping in between.
13. Drain off over a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
Finally yummy sabudana vada is ready to serve. It is perfect combination for masala tea.